DAVID NIEPER LIVE PROJECT: IDEAS DEVELOPMENT

08:35

IDEAS DEVELOPMENT

BEFORE CHOOSING A FINAL DESIGN I HAVE DECIDED TO DEVELOP SOME OF MY FAVOURITE IDEAS AND SEE IF I CAN MAKE THEM BETTER SUITED TO MY TARGET AUDIENCE. ALSO IN THIS STAGE I WILL BE LOOKING AT HOW I ASPECTS OF THE GARMENTS WILL WORK WITH REGARDS TO PATTERN CUTTING, AND ALSO LOOKING AT POSSIBLE MATERIALS AND COLOUR SCHEMES TO BE USED. 

DEVELOPMENT IDEAS:

I chose to develop my deconstructed shirt idea by playing with the length. I changed it from being a tunic back to being a boxy shirt. I played with the collar placement and also looked at changing things such as the cuffs and amount of buttons. I also looked at moving darts, inserting a pleat and back yoke, as well as looking at using poppers instead of buttons to make the shirt easier to get on and off. 
Fir the trousers, I took my balloon pant style idea and played with the centre front seamlines. I looked at how I could achieve an 'L' shaped seam by drawing it as a pattern, and also looked at how different styles of seams would look/ distort the shape of the trouser leg. 
Development Ideas

DEVELOPMENT IDEAS:

I also chose to develop my 2-piece set idea. For this I looked at changing the positions and amount of fastenings. I decided that fewer fastenings actually looked more contemporary and made the outfit look less fussy. I also researched the patterns for switching out a shoulder seam for front and back yoke seams. This was quite interesting as it gave the look more of a geometric feel, which suited the boxy silhouette it already had. 
In arm of colour schemes, I had looked at using navy and black, however I think that a lighter gunmetal grey would actually look better, as black is quite bold and may not be as wearable for everyone. 

Development Ideas

Now that I have developed some of my original designs, I have decided that I am going to go with my deconstructed shirt and balloon trouser combination. I think that this is the most suited to my target audience, but also will be new enough and exciting to appeal to a wider age range. 




Keep visiting the blog for new updates and posts!


-Arianne Scott


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Press

Subscribe

Facebook

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images