DAVID NIEPER LIVE PROJECT: THE CLIENT

14:30

THE CLIENT

ONE OF THE FINAL STEPS BEFORE STARTING TO DESIGN GARMENTS, IS TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE CLIENT. BY COMPREHENDING THE NEEDS OF THE CLIENT AND ALSO UNDERSTANDING WHAT THEY WANT, I CAN ENSURE THAT MY DESIGN WILL BE BOTH SUITABLE AND ALSO INTERESTING. 

CLIENT SURVEYS:

In order to find out some basic data about the client, I created a short survey. In this survey were questions about body insecurities/ confident areas, data about the types of clothing that were preferred and also other aspects such as what kind of style people think they can relate to. Below is an example of a filled in survey.

 
The surveys were short but effective at gathering data

COLLECTING DATA:

By using the data that I collected, I formed Pie Charts for each question. Looking at the Charts in this way made it easier to understand the data, as I could see visually what the majority of people agreed with, which gives direction for design. 
Page: SHOP REPORT

Page: SURVEYS AND DATA ANALYSIS

SHOP REPORT:

As part of my data collection I conducted a 'Shop Report'. From the initial surveys and also some data given to me from the initial David Nieper presentation, I was made aware of the competitor brands that my client may also shop at. From this list I chose to focus in on 4 main brands: NEXT, John Lewis, Marks & Spencer and Debenhams. In this report I investigated what products these brands offer and how they are priced, and also looked at typical consumers for the brand (considering age as a major factor). The shop report itself includes all this data and more, which I have analysed. It can be found in my sketchbook as a written document. 

CONSIDERING DATA:

After collecting and analysing the data, I discovered various things about the client that could be relevant to design. As this is an industry based project I have taken this part of the research quite seriously, as the needs of the client are very important if I am to design something that I wish to be received well by the target audience. I believe that now I have successfully conducted this research I am ready to start design. 







Keep visiting the blog for new updates and posts!

-Arianne Scott






                                                                                                                  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Press

Subscribe

Facebook

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images