DAVID NIEPER LIVE PROJECT: FINAL DESIGN PRESENTATION

10:15

FINAL DESIGN PRESENTATION

AFTER COMPLETING DESIGN DEVELOPMENTS AND THOROUGHLY CHECKING MY DESIGN AGAINST THE PROJECT BRIEF, I HAVE COMPLETED MY FINAL DESIGN. I BELIEVE THIS DESIGN IS THE MOST SUITABLE FOR THE TARGET AUDIENCE AND WILL ALSO HELP TO GAIN THE ATTENTION OF THE 50+ MARKET. 

FINAL DESIGN:

My final design is a combination of the deconstructed shirt idea with the balloon style trousers. I decided that this is the kind of silhouette that would look good on people of different shapes/sizes and also would suit a wider age range. 

Top-
For the top I decided that a boxy shirt with a boat neck, collar, and relaxed fit sleeves was a good idea. I also liked the idea of using poppers instead of buttons, as poppers are much easier to fasten than conventional buttons, but can still be made to look decorative. I chose to remove the bust darts from the shirt, as this took away from the silhouette. Instead, to create  shape I have included a single box pleat in the centre back of the shirt, in the middle of the yoke seam. Along the yoke and down the decorative popper opening of the sleeve I have included some top stitching to add detail. The sleeves also include quite a wide cuff, off which has again a popper fastening, the same as the sleeves.  
Material: 100% Cotton
Colour: White/Off White

Trousers-
For the trousers I decided to go with a loose fitting, balloon style. The main feature of these trousers is the 'L-shape' seam which runs down the centre front and centre back of each leg and bisects the inside leg. Other features include set in (side) seam pockets, a fly front zip/button fastening, and mock jetted pockets on the back. The trousers do not include a waistband. 
Material: 100% Linen/ Cotton Linen Blend
Colour: Warm Light Grey

Sketchbook Page: FINAL DESIGN AND TECHNICAL FLATS
Sketchbook Page: FINAL DESIGN EXPLANATION


FINAL PRESENTATION:

After completing all the research and design work, I presented my design process and final idea to Rebecca Alton, a representative of the David Nieper brand. Below are the slides I included in my presentation. 










Keep visiting the blog for new updates and posts!


-Arianne Scott








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Press

Subscribe

Facebook

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images